BMW and Mercedes-Benz were the most expensive to maintain over 10 years, according to the data.
Toyota, on the other hand, was the most economical manufacturer, costing about $5,500 to maintain over a decade.
Which car brand is the most expensive to maintain?
According to their data, BMWs were the most expensive to maintain by far, with a 10-year cost of $17,800. They found the luxury brands were the most expensive in general, but many budget vehicles ranked high, too.
Which car is the least expensive to maintain?
Here are the eight cars that cost the least to maintain.
- Toyota Corolla — $710 annual maintenance cost.
- Toyota Prius — $763 annual maintenance cost.
- Honda Accord — $822 annual maintenance cost.
- Kia Soul — $919 annual maintenance cost.
- Honda CR-V — $965 annual maintenance cost.
- Ford Mustang — $979 annual maintenance cost.
Which cars last the longest?
The longest-lasting cars and percentage of vehicles exceeding 200,000 miles are:
- Toyota Avalon, 2.5 percent.
- Honda Accord, 1.9 percent.
- Toyota Prius, 1.7 percent.
- Chevrolet Impala, 1.7 percent.
- Ford Taurus, 1.6 percent.
- Toyota Camry, 1.4 percent.
- Toyota Camry Hybrid, 1.2 percent.
- Honda Civic, 1.2 percent.