On average, aircraft mechanics earned $55,690 per year in 2012, according to the BLS.
Some of the highest-paying jobs were for courier and express delivery services such as Federal Express and UPS, which paid aircraft mechanics an average of $74,700 per year.
What is the best paying mechanic job?
The Top 10 Highest Paying Careers for Mechanics
- #1 Aircraft Mechanic. Job Description.
- #2 Industrial Machinery Mechanic. Job Description.
- #3 Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanic. Job Description.
- #4 Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic. Job Description.
- #5 Diesel Mechanic. Job Description.
- #6 Electrical Mechanic.
- #7 Radio Mechanic.
- #8 Automotive Mechanic.
How much do good car mechanics make?
Bureau of Labor Statistics figures indicate that automotive technicians earned an average annual salary of $38,560 and an average hourly wage of $18.54 as of May 2011. Half of auto technicians reported annual salaries of between $26,850 and $47,540 and hourly wages of between $12.91 and $22.86.
How much does a car mechanic make per hour?
Automotive Mechanics. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported that the median annual salary of an automotive mechanic was $37,850 in 2015, which amounts to $18.20 per hour (www.bls.gov).
Photo in the article by “DoDLive”