What are the languages spoken in your area?
According to the 2016 American Community Survey, languages spoken at home with over 1 million speakers (over the age of ) include:
- Spanish – 40.5 million.
- Chinese (including Mandarin and Cantonese) – 3.4 million.
- Tagalog (including Filipino) – 1.7 million.
- Vietnamese – 1.5 million.
- Arabic – 1.2 million.
- French – 1.2 million.
What languages are spoken in the US?
Following English, the most spoken languages in the United States are Spanish, Chinese, French, Tagalog, and Vietnamese.
How many languages are spoken in the US 2019?
More than 350,000 people speak Native North American languages, according to the report, which is based on American Community Survey data collected from 2019 to 2013.
Which languages are spoken in most countries?
Top 10 Languages By Total Number Of Speakers
- English. 1.132 billion total speakers.
- Mandarin Chinese. 1.117 billion total speakers.
- Hindi. 615 million total speakers.
- Spanish. 534 million total speakers.
- French. 280 million total speakers.
- Standard Arabic. 274 million total speakers.
- Bengali. 265 million total speakers.