What Can You Do With an Automotive Technology Degree?
- Automotive Body and Glass Repairers.
- Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics.
- Diesel Service Technicians and Mechanics.
- General Maintenance and Repair Workers.
- Heavy and Tractor–Trailer Truck Drivers.
- Heavy Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Service Technicians.
- Material Moving Machine Operators.
What type of degree is automotive technology?
The traditional automotive technology degree is a 2-year associate degree which costs between $10,000 and $25,000 per year. Students learn about transmissions, automotive brake service, climate control, and engine performance. Course curricula is focused on modern automobiles with their advanced electronic systems.
What is the highest paying job in the automotive industry?
High-Paying Careers in the Automotive Industry
- Body and Related Repairers. Workers who specialize in body repair are the highest paid of all car repair technicians, according to 2010 data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Auto Racing. Car racing is a particularly lucrative field in the auto industry.
- Electric Vehicles.
- Claims Adjusters.
- Sales Supervisors.
Is automotive technician a good career?
If you love working with your hands, building, and problem solving, becoming an automotive technician is a great option. To make matters easier, it requires less formal education than most other jobs, yet still has the potential to become a rewarding career. Start your search for an automotive technician job today.
What is automotive technology salary?
An early career Automotive Technician with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $14.57 based on 1,685 salaries. A mid-career Automotive Technician with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $18.14 based on 1,173 salaries.
Is there a degree in automotive?
The degree program can usually be completed within four years. Prerequisites for an automotive technology bachelor’s degree include a high school diploma that includes a strong background in math. Some programs may require an associate’s degree.
Do mechanics make good money?
Generally, mechanics make a decent living, earning a median annual salary of $36,600. But most are paid according to a “flat-rate” system, meaning that they only make money when there is actual work to be done.