But surviving isn’t anything new for Buick.
The brand, which was founded on May 19, 1903 by pluming inventor and manufacturer David Dunbar, is the oldest still-active automotive brand in America and one of the oldest in the world.
What was the first American car ever made?
Arguably the first American car was built by Oliver Evans in 1805. He had received the first U. S. patent in 1789. The car that Evans built was amphibious and could travel on land by wheels or water by paddlewheels.
What is the oldest car company?
Here are the nine oldest car brands and companies that are still manufacturing vehicles today!
- Renault. Year founded: 1899.
- Land Rover. Year founded: 1896.
- Škoda Auto. Year founded: 1895.
- Mercedes-Benz. Year founded: 1883.
- Opel Automobile GmbH. Year founded: 1862.
- Tatra. Year founded: 1850.
- Peugeot. Year founded: 1810.
What is the oldest car brand still in production?
Mercedes-Benz – Founded: 1883
Mercedes-Benz is the world’s oldest car manufacturer. Today the brand is best known for its wide range of luxury cars and its sports car division called AMG, as well as its participation in Formula 1.