The average new car costs $1,186 a year to maintain and repair, but several cars have much lower maintenance costs.
We listed eight cars with the lowest maintenance costs, including makes from Toyota, Nissan, and Honda.
Which cars have the highest maintenance costs?
These 19 Cars Cost the Most to Maintain
- Mazda 6.
- Dodge Ram 1500.
- Dodge Grand Caravan.
- Chevrolet Cobalt. 10-year cost to maintain: $14,500.
- Mercedes-Benz E350. 10-year cost to maintain: $14,700.
- Nissan Murano. 10-year cost to maintain: $14,700.
- BMW 328i. 10-year cost to maintain: $15,600.
- Chrysler Sebring. 10-year cost to maintain: $17,100.
What cars have the lowest cost of ownership?
10 Cars with the Lowest Cost of Ownership
- Kia Rio, estimated cost of ownership: $16,078 ($5,359/year)
- Subaru Impreza, estimated cost of ownership: $15,636 ($5,212/year)
- Kia Soul, estimated cost of ownership: $15,298 ($5,099/year)
- Honda Fit, estimated cost of ownership: $15,161 ($5,054/year)
- Nissan Versa, estimated cost of ownership: $14,449 ($4,816/year)
Are BMW reliable cars?
There is good reason for many peoples fear of German cars in general, but generally … BMWs get a bad reputation for reliability and quite unfairly. BMWs, though, are much more reliable than some would let you believe. The thing with BMW, and any premium car for that matter, is that they require maintenance.
What is the best economical car?
The most economical new cars in 2018
- DS 3 1.6 BlueHDi: 83.1mpg.
- Alfa Romeo Mito 1.3 JTDm-2: 83.1mpg.
- Vauxhall Astra 1.6 CDTi: 85.6mpg.
- Toyota Yaris Hybrid: 85.6mpg.
- Nissan Micra 1.5 dCi: 88.3mpg.
- Toyota Prius Hybrid: 94.1mpg.
- Peugeot 208 1.6 BlueHDi: 94.2mpg.
- Read more:
Which car is best under 7 lakhs?
Which is the best budget car in India under Rs 7 lakh?
- Renault Kwid AMT.
- Tata Tiago AMT.
- Hyundai Eon.
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio.
- Chevrolet Beat.
- Ford Figo.
- Hyundai Grand i10.
- Maruti Suzuki Swift.
Are Mercedes Benz reliable cars?
Consumer Reports ran their annual Car Brands Reliability survey for 2018, and Mercedes came 14th. According to the survey, Mercedes cars are currently more unreliable than the likes of Volkswagen and Tesla, but more reliable than Porsche, Infiniti and their closest rivals BMW and Audi.
Why are Mercedes so expensive?
The short answer: Luxury cars are more expensive because of their limited production volumes. A lot of people believe that luxury cars cost more than regular cars because of their superior quality parts, their bigger and better options, because they’re made from more expensive materials, etc.
Photo in the article by “Mount Pleasant Granary”