An Automotive Technician is responsible for the repair and preventive maintenance of automotive equipment.
Duties include performing emissions inspections, diagnostic testing of vehicles, and replacement of worn components.
The Auto Mechanic can work on brakes, engines, steering, and electrical systems.
What are the duties of a auto mechanic?
Auto Mechanic Responsibilities
- Inspecting vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately.
- Inspecting vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade.
- Conducting routine maintenance work aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity.
What is a description of a mechanic?
A Mechanic is responsible for inspecting and repairing vehicles, machinery, and light trucks. Also known as Service Technicians, these professionals oversee maintenance inspections, monitor inventory, assemble mechanical components, and perform repairs. They usually work in garages that are indoors.
What skills do u need to be a auto mechanic?
The 8 Top Talents of Every Great Auto Mechanic
- Customer service skills. Being a great mechanic involves more than identifying problems, repairing or replacing worn parts and knowing the difference between the camshaft and crankshaft.
- Diagnostic skills.
- Work ethic.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Technical aptitude.
- A wide array of knowledge.