- In which states do tropical wet evergreen forests occur?
- Why do we need evergreen forest?
- How is coorg a heaven on earth?
- Where should I stay in Coorg Madikeri or kushalnagar?
- Which plantation is popular in Coorg?
- Which tree is not found in the tropical evergreen forests?
- What are the two main characteristics of tropical evergreen forests?
- Where are coffee estate situated in Coorg?
- Which is an area of tropical evergreen forests?
- What are activities available in Coorg?
- Why is coorg compared to heaven?
- What is the other name of tropical evergreen forest?
- What type of animals live in evergreen forests?
- What is referred to as piece of heaven?
- Why is coorg called a piece of heaven on earth?
- Why is coorg a suitable place for coffee plantation?
- How much of Coorg is covered by rainforest?
- What are the main features of evergreen forests?
In which states do tropical wet evergreen forests occur?
– Tropical wet evergreen forests: these forests (group 1 as per Champion and Seth’s classification) occur in the states of Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamilnadu, Kerala, Andaman and Nicobar islands in the south and in the entire northeastern region including the sub-mountain division of West Bengal (4)..
Why do we need evergreen forest?
The evergreen forests are essential in not only promoting greenery on the planet, but they are also useful in the continual survival of animals and plants in the forest ecosystem. The trees are evergreen as there is no period of drought. They are mostly tall and hardwood.
How is coorg a heaven on earth?
Answer. Though it is the smallest district of Karnataka, it is called the land of rolling hills which is also inhabited by martial men, beautiful women and wild creatures. The author thus calls it a piece of heaven that must have drifted from the Kingdom of God.
Where should I stay in Coorg Madikeri or kushalnagar?
Kodagu (Coorg) Hotels and Places to StayEvolve Back, Coorg. Siddapura, Kodagu (Coorg)Heritage Resort Coorg. Galibeedu, Madikeri Taluk.Misty Woods Resort. Kakkabe, Kodagu (Coorg)The SilverOaks Resort, Coorg. … Club Mahindra Madikeri, Coorg. … Amritara Ambatty Greens Resort. … Parampara Resort & Spa, Coorg. … Coorg County Resort.More items…
Which plantation is popular in Coorg?
One of the biggest manufacturers of coffee in India, this beautiful hill station is covered in green acres of coffee plantations. It is a sight both serene and invigorating. Coffee plantations are one of the most popular tourist spots in Coorg.
Which tree is not found in the tropical evergreen forests?
Some of the commercially important trees of tropical evergreen forest are ebony, mahogany, rosewood, rubber and cinchona. Teak is the most dominant species of tropical deciduous forests. Bamboos, sal, shisham, sandalwood, khair, kusum, arjun, mulberry are other commercially important species.
What are the two main characteristics of tropical evergreen forests?
Two characteristics of tropical evergreen forests are that they always appear green as all the trees do not shed their leaves at the same time. Secondly, these forests are dense and the trees are more than 60 m in height.
Where are coffee estate situated in Coorg?
Madikeri townThese estates are located near Madikeri town in Coorg.
Which is an area of tropical evergreen forests?
Tropical Evergreen forests of India are found in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, the Western Ghats, which fringe the Arabian Sea, the coastline of peninsular India, and the greater Assam region in the north-east. Small remnants of evergreen forest are found in Odisha state.
What are activities available in Coorg?
23 Fun Things to do in CoorgCamping. Camping (source) … Visiting the Abbey Falls. Abbey Falls. … Splurge On Spice. Shopping in Coorg (source) … ATV Biking Adventure. ATV Bike Ride. … Trekking in Coorg. Trekking. … Visit the Elephant Camp. Dubare Elephant Camp. … Go River Rafting. River Rafting (source) … Jeep Trailing.More items…•
Why is coorg compared to heaven?
Coorg is compared to heaven because of its natural beauty.
What is the other name of tropical evergreen forest?
Tropical evergreen forests are closed canopy forests growing within 28 degrees north or south of the equator. Since they receive more than 200 cm rainfall per year, therefore they are also known as rain-forests.
What type of animals live in evergreen forests?
Animals & Plants of the Evergreen ForestMoose.Reindeer.Caribou.Elk.Beaver.Squirrel.Mountain Hare.Bears.More items…
What is referred to as piece of heaven?
Coorg is so beautiful that it is said to have drifted from the kingdom of God. … The land comprises of martial men, beautiful women and wild creatures.
Why is coorg called a piece of heaven on earth?
Answer: The author calls Coorg a piece of heaven as It is called the land of rolling hills. It is inhabited by a proud race of martial men, beautiful women and wild creatures. Coorgi is the home of evergreen forests, spices and coffee plantations.
Why is coorg a suitable place for coffee plantation?
Owning well-manicured gardens, the property nestled in the lush green beauty of Coorg. Surrounded by coffee estates, the site is shaded by dense forest it is surrounded by. The stay owns a stream that flows through it making it a perfect choice.
How much of Coorg is covered by rainforest?
30%30% of coorg is covered by rainforest. The job took about two weeks to finish.
What are the main features of evergreen forests?
Tropical evergreen forests are dense, multi-layered, and harbour many types of plants and animals. These forests are found in the areas receiving heavy rainfall (more than 200 cm annual rainfall). They are very dense. Even the sunlight does not reach the ground.