- Clean your pickup truck regularly.
- Check the tires.
- Regularly change engine oil and fluids.
- Check the alternator and battery.
- Regularly adjust belts, hoses, brake pads, drive belts, timing belts and hoses.
- Regularly inspect the suspension system.
- Replace oil and air filter.
- Regularly replace the spark plugs.
How do you maintain a truck engine?
Here are five simple but important truck maintenance tips that will keep your diesel running smoothly.
- Clean Regularly.
- Fill Up on Fluids.
- Change Filters Regularly.
- Change That Oil.
- Monitor and Repair Your Exhaust System.
- Truck Maintenance: It’s Up to You.
How long should you keep a pickup truck?
about ten to twenty years
How can I make my truck last longer?
Proper maintenance makes all the difference
- Keep your Oil clean. First off, always keep up with your recommended oil and filter change schedule.
- Maintain alignment, balance, and rotation. Tires can wear unevenly for a number of reasons.
- Give your truck some room to breathe.
- Knowledge is power.
- You get what you pay for.
What should I keep in my truck?
- Paper maps. Sometimes — okay, plenty of times — Google Maps or Waze doesn’t want to cooperate.
- Snacks/MREs. You never know when you’ll be stranded for long periods of times in your car.
- Cell phone charger/extra battery.
- Portable air compressor.
- Windshield wiper fluid.
- Roadside flares.