Every Other Fill-up, Do These Three Things
- Clean windshield.
- Check tire pressure.
- Change oil every 5,000 miles.
- Change air filter every 12,000 miles.
- Rotate tires every 5,000 to 10,000 miles.
- Wash your car regularly.
- Don’t use the inside of your car as a garbage can.
What is the best way to maintain your car?
Here are 7 easy steps to a long-running car you can rely on.
- Keep your tires in shape. It’s easy to take those tires for granted.
- Change the oil and check the fluids.
- Test the lights.
- Replace windshield wipers.
- Check your air filter.
- Give the core components a once-over.
- Regular check-ups.
How do you keep your car engine healthy?
So, to keep your car running smooth, make sure you have the following engine-related services done regularly:
- Change the oil.
- Change the oil filter, air filter and fuel filter.
- Check the PCV valve for proper operation.
- Check the spark plugs and spark plug wires.
- Very Hard – 10.5 and higher gpg.
Can you keep a car forever?
Can a vehicle run forever if you keep replacing parts? In theory, yes. If you are able to find sources for new parts as they wear out, you could keep it running forever. If you keep at it long enough, you’ll end up replacing the engine, electronics, body components, and everything else.
What maintenance should you do on your car?
You can handle basic routine vehicle maintenance yourself, by following a regular schedule as outlined in your owner’s manual.
- Acquaint yourself with your owner’s manual.
- Change your oil and oil filter.
- Check your tires monthly.
- Inspect all other fluids.
- Examine belts and hoses.
- Check These Items, Too.